Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things I'm Putting on my Shopping List

Today is Sunday, also known as the day of rest. So you won't hear/read any chatter about such heavy topics as life and love and feminism. Let's do something more fun, shall we? I like to call it "Fashion" or "Why Women Are Judged When They Buy Their Clothes At Target." Don't get me wrong, I love Target. But Michael Kors always uses Target as an insult on Project Runway, as in "That dress looks like it came off the clearance rack at Target." (said in a disgusted, high voice that one might use to remark upon a spider crawling out of the bathroom drain.) I happen to buy a lot of my clothes at Target, so I suppose this means I am only mildly fashionable. But whatever! Until I make millions, I'll refrain from buying these ensembles that are so IN right now...

I didn't need Elle magazine to tell me that animal prints are going to be all the rage in Spring 2011. In fact, I think they're a little behind the times. All the most popular junior high girls wear zebra and leopard print ribbons in their hair, duuuhhhh.
Now, I actually find this look pretty cute. The jacket is funky, the jeans are normal (shocking for a runway look) and the t-shirt gives that envied "I just escaped a slasher film" vibe.
It has a hood. Need I say more? Gem.
This is a look I was not aware was going to be coming into style anytime soon, but I am indeed convinced that after my next shopping trip I will return home with several pairs of see-through pants. WITH matching underwear, of course. Also, some flowy pieces of chiffon to stick in the back so I look super aerodynamic when I walk.
I think it's unfortunate they forgot to sew on the second half of her dress... PSYCH! It's supposed to be that way. It's fashion. If you don't get it, I'm not even going to try and explain it to you.
Needless to say, I will be sporting all of these looks as soon as I can my hands on the Target version of them. And Michael Kors, if you're reading this, I think your collections are always lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment