Saturday, October 2, 2010

love like in the movies

...and they lived happily ever after...

*cut to THE END, roll credits, cue the gaggy credits song*

But ladies and gentleman, we all know that sometimes, just sometimes, the final scene of a movie can be rather... how can I put this... stupid.  Stupid because the second we waltz out of that theater we go back to reality where there are conflicts. so overwhelming that we live happily...for awhile until we are so overwhelmed that divorce is the healthiest option. 

Still, we all find ourselves waiting for our movie perfect romance. 

Have you ever heard "Spiralling" by Keane?  Well you should...  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjnUAHekyg)

I'm waiting for my moment to come
I'm waiting for the movie to begin
I'm waiting for a revelation
I'm waiting for someone to count me in


Doesn't that just say it all? But here's the thing... why wait? I tend to be a Love Actually kind of girl. See, I believe that love really is all around, and God help me, I love Hugh Grant. But that's not the point. The point is, true love is not a hit-you-over-the-head sort of thing. No, in fact true love is a very allusive mistress, and she often disguises herself in the so well that she gets away before you even realize she was ever there. If you wait for a true love, you could miss out on so many wonderful, thrilling, funny, heartwarming, idiotic, amazing things. 

Now, let's clear something up. I'm not broken hearted, at least right now, and I am not suggesting that you run out and become single. No no no. Don't do that. ( (PLEASE.) Love isn't easy. But listen. Friends, today I write you not to remind you to be in love, but rather, to remind you that love comes in all forms.  Do not discount the love that is given to you by your family, your best friends, your pets, your children, your co-workers, your neighbors, the stranger who let you turn left onto a busy street.  That, my fellow hopeless romantics, is true love.  The love we show to eachother everyday is truly what makes the world go 'round.

Love eachother. 

I know, I know.  I'm getting a little touchy-feely hippie girl on you, but my parents were children of the 60s and 70s so I feel it was always inevitable. But really, appreciate what you have. It's a lot, even if it's not your ideal perfectly scripted love story, the point is, you are loved.

That being said, I wish you all your own happily ever afters.  Gaggy credit song and all. 


<3 D

No comments:

Post a Comment