Sunday, September 12, 2010

Something Pretty

"Here I am, where I've been. I've walked a hundred miles in tobacco skin, and my clothes are worn and gritty. And I know ugliness, now show me something pretty." - Patrick Park

I heard this song today and it made me think, "Huh. I would like to see something pretty right now!" So I started thinking of pretty things, and here's what I came up with.

#1 pretty thing: Seashells. Now, who doesn't love a good seashell? I myself think they are quite pretty, and it's not just because I'm obsessed with all things nautical right now. (I think it's just a phase.) Many seashells have PERFECT SPIRALS in their design, and that is frankly just amazing.

#2 pretty thing: Cupcakes. Don't pretend like you didn't know this one was coming. But look at it!!! It's so pretty!!! Not to mention delicious, I'm sure.

#3 pretty thing: Anthropologie necklaces. I actually think most things from Anthropologie are extremely pretty, but isn't this necklace just a summer-meadow-dream?

#4 pretty thing: Fall floral arrangements. It's starting to feel autumn-ish outside, and that has me in the mind of apple cider, pumpkins and anything flavored with nutmeg. But also, pretty, pretty flowers in orange, red, yellow and plum. Pretty.

#5 pretty thing: Art nouveau posters. I chose this one especially because it's advertising absinthe, which isn't necessarily pretty in my mind (although it is a nice green color.) But the poster is still so darn pretty! So many swirls and curly-Qs. Plus I adore that old-fashioned text.

So, now that I've typed the word "pretty" enough times that it's starting to look weird, I'll leave you to go and discover your own pretty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment